Trade Practice Complaints
The Market Conduct Rules under the ICCC Act prohibits behaviour that restricts competition in the market.
As part of its enforcement and adjudication role under the ICCC Act, the ICCC investigates alleged trade practice complaints of actual/potential contraventions of the Market Conduct Rules and takes appropriate actions to remedy these contraventions. The ICCC also initiate its own enquiry into any potential anti-competitive conduct in the market place. This function of the ICCC is important to ensure compliance of the ICCC Act by persons/businesses doing commerce in Papua New Guinea. By doing so, the ICCC promotes and protects the competitive process in the PNG markets and its resultant benefits to consumers and businesses.
If you wish to make a complaint about an alleged breach of the ICCC Act we ask that you contact the ICCC and supply the following information.
Business/Personal details (so that we can maintain contact with you):
- Your full name
- Your full address and contact details (Postal address, telephone, fax, and email details)
Details of the Complaint (so that we can assess the complaint quickly):
- The name of the party/s that you are complaining about.
- The address and contact details of the party/s, if known.
- Full details of the complaint you wish to make in chronological order; this should include all contact you have had with the party/s concern and any explanation that that party/s concern has given you.
- What you think are actions/conducts that may potentially breach the ICCC Act.
Other helpful materials would include:
- Copies of any correspondence between you and the party/s concern concerning the matter of complaint.
- Any other information or documents that you feel could assist the ICCC to assess your complaint.
How to submit your complaint:
- Post your complaint to:
Independent Consumer and Competition Commission
P.O Box 6394, Boroko, National Capital District.
- Register your complaint through telephone 325 2144
- Complete the online complaint/enquiry Form and submit it to the Commission