ICCC is seeking a qualified and experienced individual to fill the above vacancy immediately. The position is based at the ICCC Momase Regional Office in Lae, Morobe Province.
Reporting to the Regional Manager - Momase, the successful incumbent will, amongst other tasks, be responsible for representing the ICCC in stakeholder forums, attending to queries and undertaking detail investigations of complaints raised by clients, undertaking price surveillance and reporting on declared goods, monitoring and enforcing prices of declared services, supporting products safety surveys and enforcing bans, managing a number of registers and gathering intelligence to support prosecution of offenders.
Interested applicants must possess the following key requirements:
- Relevant University Degree in Business, Economics, Management, Commerce, Law, Science, Food Technology with above average academic results;
- Must have some knowledge or understanding of dispute resolution;
- Must possess strong research, report writing, facilitation and presentational skills;
- Must possess an in-depth analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Must be an independent, reliable and team-oriented person;
- Sound character with sober habits, with maturity and leadership attributes;
- Able to work under pressure and willing to work extended hours and on week-ends when required;
- Good time management and organisational skills to deliver against deadlines;
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills and is out-going; and
- Must residing in Morobe Province.
The Investigation Officer position is classified as a Grade 10 position, with the base salary range from K44, 577 pa (Grade 10 Step 1) to K54, 483 pa (Grade 10 Step 7). Housing is not a condition of employment, however, a Housing Allowance of K10, 400 pa is provided in addition to the base salary. In addition, the successful candidate may elect to participate in the ICCC’s annual salary sacrifice arrangement for accommodation, school fees, and leave fares, post probation and once confirmed as a full time employer.
If you think you have the required skills, attributes, experience and want to be part of a team of professionals in a dynamic organization, please send us your written application with your CV/Resume, references and supporting documents with reliable current contacts of at least three referees to the postal/email addresses below:
The Regional Manager – Momase Regional Office,
Independent Consumer & Competition Commission,
2nd Level Nambawan Super Haus,
PO Box 448, LAE,
Applications close on Friday 14th December, 2018