Are you interested to be part of a dynamic, challenging, progressive and rewarding organization that promotes the interest of consumers, ensures that the conduct of businesses and regulated industries promote competition and economic efficiency? If you are, we invite you to apply for the above position with the Independent Consumer & Competition Commission (ICCC) - PNG’s Premier Economic Regulator, Competition & Consumer Watchdog.
ICCC is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise.
The ICCC, under the Electricity Industry Act (Chapter 78) 2002 and the Independent Consumer and Competition Act 2002 regulates the operations of electricity service providers in the generation, transmission, distribution and retail segments of the electricity market. The regulation of the electricity industry is undertaken through a combination of different regulatory approaches which includes monitoring and enforcement of: (1) the electricity regulatory contract where electricity tariffs, minimum service standards and reporting requirements are set out, (2) licences issued to electricity undertakers; and (3) codes and rules applicable to the industry.
The Principal Analyst (Electricity) will report to the Manager – Electricity, will act as the ICCC’s focal point to engage with industry participants on technical electricity matters; and is required to provide technical expertise and support the ICCC to monitor compliance of the electricity regulatory contract, licensing conditions and set codes and rules.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, preferably Electrical Engineering;
- 3 – 5 years’ work experience in the electricity industry in PNG or comparable setting;
- Sound understanding of PNG’s electricity industry, legislations and policies would be a bonus;
- Strong project planning and implementation, multi-tasking and time management skills;
- Strong analytical and presentation skills;
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication and report writing skills;
- Excellent level of interpersonal skills, negotiations and conflict resolution;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision; and
- Honest, sober and industrious worker.
The Principal Analyst (Electricity) position is a contract position with a salary package ranging from K92, 749 pa (Grade 11 Step 1) to K104, 471 pa (Grade 11 Step 7). In addition, the successful candidate may elect to participate in the ICCC’s annual salary sacrifice arrangement for accommodation, school fees, and leave fares, post probation and once confirmed to the position.
When applying, applicants must address the above requirements. Incomplete and late applications will not be considered. Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. If you do not hear from us, consider your application to be unsuccessful.
Human Resources Manager
Independent Consumer & Competition Commission
1st Floor, Garden City, Angau Drive
PO Box 6394, BOROKO,
National Capital District
Applications close on Tuesday 28th May, 2019 (4:00 pm PNG time)